
No, I'm not talking about getting out of bed and rubbing your eyes--I'm talking about the greastest band ever!!...ok, maybe that was a tid bit of an exaggeration. But I'm not kidding, this band is legit. I've found more and more that while I love listening to pop/punk bands, indie-folk/alternative music is by far my favorite. And Wakey! Wakey! definitely has an indie vibe to it. Plus, Mike Grubbs (the lead singer) is the most ridiculous piano player in the world...and trust me, I've met a great deal of talented pianists...that's a funny word "pianist" i feel funny just spelling it...ANYWAY! I first heard Wakey! Wakey! when their song "War Sweater" was featured on the 6th season finale of One Tree Hill and then again during another episode of the 7th season of One Tree Hill (FYI: a lot of my music taste can be credited to the shows i watch. hehe.) And just this week, Apple debuted Wakey! Wakey!'s newest song in the tutorial for the IPad. (Another FYI: I'm the nerd that knows these things and frequently checks to see what new inventions Steve Jobs has in store. And I'm fairly sure I've lost some of you with the mention of Steve Jobs...but if you do know who he is...YOUR COOL!!) ANYWHO! BUY THEIR ALBUM...or if you're anything like me, DOWNLOAD IT ILLEGALLY!!...he...he...he..kidding? Another, slightly less illegal action would be to ask me for a few of their songs. Yeah. That would be a lot better. Take my last suggestion!



No comments:
Post a Comment