BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Things I've Fallen In Love with This Summer


#1. White Collar

Usually I'm not into the whole serious crime tv shows like CSI and Law and Order, so when Gina recommended that I watch White Collar I wasn't too interested but I did anyway because she and I generally share the same taste in shows. After I watched the first episode, I was HOOKED! This show is surprisingly funny and I'm literally on the edge of my seat every episode! It doesn't hurt that the lead character is basically the sexiest man ALIVE! Gina and I started watching this show just in time because the second season starts July 13th, so I've had until then to catch up on the first season and its AMAZING! If you've seen the movie "Catch Me If You Can" with Tom Hanks and Leonardo DeCaprio, this show follows a similar storyline. If you're bored this summer and want a new show to watch, check out White Collar! You WON'T be disappointed.

#2. Their Eyes Were Watching God



"One of the most important works of twentieth-century American literature, Zora Neale Hurston's beloved 1937 classic, Their Eyes Were Watching God, is an enduring Southern love story sparkling with wit, beauty, and heartfelt wisdom. Told in the captivating voice of a woman who refuses to live in sorrow, bitterness, fear, or foolish romantic dreams, it is the story of fair-skinned, fiercely independent Janie Crawford, and her evolving selfhood through three marriages and a life marked by poverty, trials, and purpose. A true literary wonder, Hurston's masterwork remains as relevant and affecting today as when it was first published -- perhaps the most widely read and highly regarded novel in the entire canon of African American literature. "


I chose this book to read for my AP English summer assignment and it was pretty good. I cried. It was on Oprah's Book Club list and she helped produce it into a movie starring Halle Berry. I watched the movie and it wasn't anywhere near as good as the book, but the movie still made me cry too. If you want a good book to read this summer, check out Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.

#3. Toy Story 3


I've been waiting FOREVER for the third installment to come out and let me tell you...it didn't disappoint AT ALL. In a cheesy way, I felt like it helped me finally close the chapter on my childhood. Which is depressing! Growing up, Toy Story was the one VHS tape that was always in the VCR! I loved that movie as a kid. Now?? I'm almost 18 years old!! That's crazy!! I loved this movie and it will forever hold a place in my heart.

#4. FIFA World Championship Soccer

Never in my life would I thought I could've gotten into soccer. Never say never i guess. All you really have to do to get me hooked to a sport is throw in some very attractive athletes!! haha. Soccer defnintely has some sexy-exy players so it didn't take me long to fall in love with the sport. You know how when you were little you would go to your siblings soccer practices and DREAD it because all you were watching was a bunch of kids kick a ball back and forth and hopefully one team would get just as bored playing as you were watching and proceed to sit down and start picking the grass, leaving the other team with a perfect opportunity to score....yeah, professional soccer isn't all that different. haha. They're all just so good that it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to score, so sometimes it takes a full hour for some action to happen! Which is totally worth it because by that point all the sexy-exy soccer players are even SEXIER and sweaty! :) This year the team i wanted to win "ESPANA!!!" won the World Championship for the first time! My fantasy boyfriend Iker Cassillas (the captian and goalee of the team) had one of the most adorable post game interviews with his reporter girlfriend! I'll post the video and leave a translation...it's funny that even though i feel like i learned NOTHING from the 4 years i took spanish, i understood this entire interview!


No comments: