I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it, but on Saturday Night I found this tv special on youtube called "Lost in Austen." It's about Amanda Price who because of the lack of romance in her life, turns to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. She reads it so much that the character Elizabeth Bennet comes to life and switches places with her. While stuck in the book, she watches everything go wrong! Jane marries Mr. Collins, Charlotte moves to Africa, and Caroline is...GAY?! What? Yeah...it was weird, but i loved it! It reminded me of Kate and Leopold. I LOVE THAT MOVIE!! My only complaint...Elizabeth and Darcy don't end up together in the end. Amanda steals him from her!! I mean, sure everyone falls in love with Mr. Darcy when they read the book, but he still belongs with Elizabeth!! They're one of Austen's most CLASSIC couples!! I think Jane Austen rolled around in her grave a few times during this movie. It was still entertaining though. :) 4 stars!!
And lastly...LITTLE DORRIT!!! I'd never heard of it before, but it's a novel by Charles Dickens that I have now decided to read for my AP English summer assignment. The miniseries was so AMAZING!! I cried. I just can't even describe how incredible this series was!! I watched it all day Sunday!! Since 10 hours of something is almost impossible to sum up quickly, I'll just post the preview. If you ever are bored or get the chance...WATCH LITTLE DORRIT!!
The Period Dramas I Can't Wait to Watch this Summer:
*War and Peace
*Wives and Daughters
*Anna Karenina
*Mansfield Park
*Jane Eyre
*Becoming Jane
*Emma
*Persuasion
*Sense and Sensibility
*and so many more...
WHICH MEANS, LOOK OUT FOR MORE REVIEWS FROM ME!! These series' are literally saving my summer from total boredom!! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment