BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 24, 2010

"when did i become such an...ACTIVIST?!"


I've always been annoyed by so-called "tree huggers" but lately...I've become one of THEM! I'm normally not like this AT ALL! I pride myself on being a member of the "i'm lazy. who gives a crap?" club, but lately I've actually been paying attention to the news around the world and in particular the oil spill on the Gulf Coast. IT'S RIDICULOUS! I'm honestly not too concerned about the animals, but I've taken Biology and I know that there's a thing called a water cycle and all that oil is gonna start falling from the sky pretty soon and that's just N.A.S.T.Y! Here's a video I found on youtube of "oil rain" already happening in Louisiana.






Usually, I wouldn't pay too much attention to something like this. I think Global Warming is a load of crap and I honestly don't care where the food on my plate came from...stuff like that doesn't bother me. This BP Oil Spill, DOES! Now, there are a lot of politics involved with the business being corrupt and the government yada yada yada...so far it seems like all anyone was done is look for who to blame rather than how to fix it! Come on now...we went to the moon, we can sure as heck fix an oil leak!



The rain issue isn't the only thing that bothers me. People are losing their jobs and fishermen are moving their families to Brazil because they can no longer fish. Not only that, but the locals are permitted from cleaning the Gulf and only authorized BP workers are allowed to clean up. EXCELLENT! Letting the murderer inspect the crime scene sounds like a brilliant solution! I have no clue why I'm so riled up about this. I guess it shows how boring my summer is going...I'm turning into an activist for cryin out loud! Ugh. "Activist." I swore I'd never become that word. Anyway, i promise this will be the first and LAST post I make concerning the subject. I despised people who went on rants about how to save the world and many of them really don't know what they're talking about. I will admit...I'm not an expert when it comes to this issue, BUT I'm not stupid! It should not be this difficult to clog up a hole....just stick Obama in it. haha. Jk. Did I really just mention the President in my blog post? GAH! I abhor politics! What is happening to me?! Til next time!
Sincerely,
I don't even know who this is anymore...

No comments: